Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Muhammad Ka Rauza" - a Na'at by Sohaib

Dear friends,

I am sharing another na'at today. This na'at is read by my cousin Sohaib who lives in Canada. Originally, this na'at was read by Junaid Jamshed a famous personality of Pakistan (see the picture).

Paras aunty suggested that I should provide the meaning of some Urdu words. Here is my attempt (of course, with the help of my dad):

Words from my intro:
1. Phup-po: father's sister
2. Phup-pa: phup-po's husband
3. Chunni Munni: teeny tiny
4. Mash-hoor: famous
5. Shakh-siyat: personality

Words from na'at:
1. Rauza: grave (of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH))
2. Khadim: servant
3. Hifazat: protection
4. bulandi: height

Please do let me know if you like to find out meaning of any other words.

Thank you!


Listen to "Na'at"

3 comments:

Parasmani said...

Sohaib ka na'at padhna bahot pasand ayaa.
Humza, your voice is like a radio or TV announcer...very clear.

Kya na'at padhna zyadatar Paygamber Muhammad( صلى الله عليه وسلم‎ ṣall Allahu ʿalayhi wa sallam ) ke bare mein hota hai ya unke pahele aane wale paygambaron ke bare mein bhi hota hai?
Rafi Sahab ka ek ganaa hai jo hum India mein hamesha Eid ke din sunte the, Ishmael( عليه السلام‎ ʿAlayhis salaam ) ki kahani hai, kya use bhi na'at kahaa ja sakta hai?

Urdu words ke meaning bataa kar aap ne ye lesson easy kar diya.

"Chunnu" bahot hi cute hai.

Humza Khan said...

Thanks from me and Sohaib!

Na'at is mostly about Prophet Mohammaed (PBUH). But I think it can be about other prophets too. I am not sure. I will have to find out from someone who knows.

Thanks again. Urdu words idea was your suggestion.

I think so too. If you click on more button, you can actually feed meat to Chunnu :)

Parasmani said...

Please write more Urdu words.

Write how people greet each other in Urdu, when they meet.
What do people say to friends, uncles and aunts, grandparents...What do they say when they leave? Like "good night", "will see you soon..."

Please record a song and post. Let your friends know when you do...